Contact Us

Requesting Search and Rescue Assistance

Members of the public should call the County Sheriff for Search and Rescue assistance.

For more information on requesting search and rescue, please review our Frequently Asked Question How do I call a SAR team?

If you have a search and rescue emergency you should call 911 immediately, but please be aware that you may not get the appropriate 911 dispatcher for your needs. You must contact the County Sheriff dispatch center to request search and rescue resources.

In Colorado, the County Sheriff is responsible for search and rescue emergencies. Tell the dispatcher as much as you know about the lost/injured person and the area/region you think they might be in.

CSRB State SAR Coordinator Emergency Contact

Only authorized government agencies and search and rescue teams should call 800-593-2772 in order to request search and rescue resources from the CSRB State SAR Coordinator.

CSRB Address

Colorado Search and Rescue Board
700 Colorado Blvd # 197
Denver CO 80206

CSRB Board Contacts

Contact the Board of Directors via the form link Contact Us Form


Paul “Woody” Woodward
Home: 303-393-7296
Cell: 303-434-6116


Mark Rowland


Dan Remsburg

Public Affairs

Contact the Public Information Officer via the form link Contact Us Form

For News Media Inquiries 24/7 contact:

Howard M. Paul
Public Affairs Manager
Cell: 303-829-5678